Wednesday 24 November 2010

The Proposal

As part of my Creative Media Production course at Coleg Morgannwg I am required to create a short documentary for a target audience. My intention is to base this documentary around a close friend of mine, James Ashley Piper.

James is a Christian and is a regular attendee at a local church. At first James had a hard time believing in Jesus but is now a very devoted follower. Ironically, this came about through science. He believes that science and evolution are not natural enemies of the church and that they can be used to prove the existence of Jesus.

For my documentary I intend to research the subject thoroughly, such as reading books and watching TV programmes by prominent people involved in the subject matter. I will carry out a survey on my intended target audience to estimate the amount of interest in the subject and finally will gather the footage needed to create an absorbing and informative documentary.

The footage I intend to film will involve a good variety of scenes. These are;

- The subject James explaining a bit about himself and his beliefs to camera.
- Opinions of random people in the street.
- Footage of James giving a lecture on the subject to a church group.
- Opinions of church group before and after lecture.
- Closing thoughts on the subject.

3 comments:

  1. To ensure fairness do you think you should speak to someone who has strong views on atheisim?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who? What are their credentials?

    ReplyDelete